Wednesday, September 26, 2007

He does all things well

Tonight I had to work pretty late and I was on my way home listening to a gospel song. I don't really remember the whole song, but somewhere within the song, it said, "He does all things well." It made me think about how often we complain about the things that go on in this life. We have people who disappoint us, situations that upset us, and circumstances that baffle us. And yet, our God does all things well. That is not really something I can say for anyone.

Think about it. You know that the hair stylist that you love has messed someone's hair up before. Your auto mechanic has side stepped on a job before. Even the best lawyer has had moments that weren't that great in court. Great surgeons have watched their patients die. That person who you respect or look up to will eventually let you down. We are all human and fail. But, we serve a God who does all things well.

The things that we screw up He can fix. The situations in life that have turned out bad, He can work out for your good. The sickness the doctors have yet to even diagnosis, He can heal. The heart that seems to constantly be broken, He will heal and bandage up the wounds.

I know that there are times that I question God because things haven't turned out the way I wanted or expected. We all have our moments were we complain when we are in a bind. Sometimes we need to be reminded that God is good, and when our lives seem a bit screwed up, it's not because God did it. He's the author and perfector of our faith. He is the one who fixes the mess not causes it. God does not have Muchausen Syndrome. He is good, and does all things well.

No comments: