Tuesday, March 4, 2014

We Are Worthy

This morning, I woke up with a pretty downcast spirit.  As I was driving to work, those feelings began to intensify; and I was becoming overwhelmed with feelings of worthlessness as though I just wasn’t good enough.  I went over my scripture confessions as usual and when they were finished, I quietly began to pray, asking God for his peace,  love, and to help me keep it together.  Then I began to think about the blood of Jesus.  So far in my praying and confessions, I hadn’t convinced myself that I had a place of significance.  In fact, my thoughts of self-loathing seemed to increase more and more.  But, as I thought about the cross of Christ, I began to recall the worthiness of the Lamb.  Worthy is the Lamb that was slain.  If for no other reason than the fact that the blood of Jesus is covering me and you, we are worthy and of great value.

Now, this morning, I know that I was being attacked by the enemy, but the same blood the openly triumphed over the devil, making an open spectacle of him on Calvary, is the same blood that can triumph over every devil that comes our way to steal our joy, peace, love, faith, and hope.  Depression does not come from God, but it is an attack of the enemy that is effectively working against the church of Christ.  Yet, God is greater.

Acts 10:15 admonishes, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”  That word impure can mean common, unholy, defiled, polluted, or profane.  Things that are considered polluted, defiled or profane are often counted as worthless.  Why do you think the devil loves to rehearse all of our faults and short comings?  How many times have we let Satan tell us about how messed up, polluted, and worthless we are?  Yet, if you have been washed in the blood you have been made clean.  Stop agreeing with Satan and start agreeing with God.  Regardless of where you have been or what you have done in the past, do not call your self worthless, unworthy, tainted, degraded, ordinary, messed up, or any other lie the enemy told you because God has made you clean.  That is what the blood of Jesus is for.  That blood makes you worthy.

Be encouraged this morning.

No comments: