Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Apart from Me, You Can do Nothing

Let me give you a little background on this. I'm writing a book, and the past few days I've gotten up at 5 am to write, but it has just been hard. It just wasn't coming and I know that previously when I was writing, it just flowed. The Holy Spirit would just download what I was supposed to write. So, needless to say, I knew something was wrong. So this morning when I got up, the Lord gave me a nice rebuke and I wanted to share with you part of it. Apart from me, you can do nothing. I need you to know that and believe that. I need you to live intimately with the fact that apart from me you can do nothing. I want you to submit yourself to that. 

Apart from me you can do nothing. My people do not believe that and my ministers and prophets don’t believe that so they try to do the work of the ministry apart from me. They try to do my work based on their talents, based on their natural abilities. They have not sought me like I’m their daily bread. They haven’t gone after me like I’m their living water. They haven’t sought my face like their lives depended on it because they don’t believe, “apart from me, you can do nothing.”

Many ministers are burnt out in ministry, burnt out in their families, confused as to whether or not this really works because they don’t believe that apart from me they can do nothing. They are constantly trying to do my work disconnected from me. It won’t work; it can’t work.

“Yes, I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me and I in them will produce much fruit. For apart from me, you can do nothing.” John 15:5 NLT

No comments: