Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Avocado Story...there is a point.

avocado



Now some of you will think I'm crazy for telling this story, but just follow me. Those of you who read my blogs on the reg, already know the business.

A few weeks ago, I went to the grocery store and bought an avocado. It was green and I was hoping that it would be green for a while because I wasn't going to eat it right off. That thing was ripe in two days. It was nice and soft. Well, I didn't want it when it got ripe so I put it in the refrigerator. A few days went by, and I would just look at that avocado in the fridge. Then, I'd say a short prayer..."Jesus, bless my avocado and let it still be good when I decide to cut it." Okay, so I did this for like a week or two. I got the avocado like the Sunday before I went to Vegas. So this thing spent a good two weeks in my refrigerator after being ripe.

So finally, today, I took my avocado to work and cut it. It was so pretty; not a single brown spot! It was gorgeous. Just absolutely beautiful! Beautifully Ripe!!!

My point: God is concerned with the smallest details of our lives. We've all had produce go bad on us, and we almost expect it. It's not a big deal. So, why would God even care? It concerned Him, because it concerned me. This is the God who keeps the universe on course, He tells the ocean where to stop, and the sun when to shine. Yet, he has time to keep my avocado from going bad.

If he cares enough about the small things in our lives, how much more does he care about the big things? If he is listening to the arbitrary prayers (I'm not going to lose my faith over a piece of fruit gone bad.), how much more does he hear those prayers that are so dear our hearts?

Sometimes we feel like we are bothering God with our request, but he cares. "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." God is looking for ways to show up in our lives. He seizes every opportunity...even the a moment as simple as keeping an avocado fresh.

No comments: