Sunday, October 1, 2006

What's next?

You know sometimes you find yourself in shear frustation. Yesterday, I was just sitting there asking myself, now what? It's those now what moments that I usually hate the most. It's those moments that you know things cannot stay the same, but you honestly don't know where to go next. Honestly, what's the next move?

You ever been playing a game of chess and you are looking at your options and you feel like you are in such a catch 22. The knight has got your king and your rook in check. You know are going to have to lose something and you are wondering if you can still win the game without it. So I'm sitting there wondering do I lose hope or my mind. Heck, I need my mind so it looks like hope is losing out. And without hope, what's the point?

So you sit and analyze the board a little longer. You wait, ponder, replay all possible outcomes. And then you wait somemore. And you finally give it up. No matter how long you try to prolong it, the board is not going to change until you move. Truth is that life is not going to go on until you move. As much as you hate to admit it, you are in this predicament because you weren't watching the board close enough. People do to you what you let them do. Lose what you must lose. Sacrifices will always be made, learn from it, but don't stop playing the game. It's not the first rook to be lost, lose hope in the rook. Can't stake all your hopes in one piece anyway. Even when you don't like the way it looks, your still gotta make you move. I'm moving on.

No comments: