Thursday, October 12, 2006

And then it clicks

You know I would like to believe that I'm a pretty bright person. I'm a college graduate and I'm working on my masters. I think I have a good head on my shoulders, or I would like to think that. But on occasion we have to real with ourselves, get transparent. We have to lay aside the education, the titles, and who people think we are. We have to lay aside who we think we are or who we are trying to convince ourself that we are. We have to get naked regardless of our shame.

When we get to that point, it's no longer about excuses. It's not about what he did, what they said, or how she treated you. Not about your mama, your ex, your daddy, or the rest of them. We have to move beyond the norm. It's so easy to blame everyone else, but when you find yourself in a holding pattern and you don't have the strength or grace to do it any longer, you have to ask yourself, "what am I doing wrong?"

I can't control him, her or them, and the truth is I'm not required to. God is not going to ask me about what they did, He's going to ask what I did. Truth is I thought I was doing things right, but I wasn't. And sometimes we have to come to grips with that. You know the faster we move on and get over our mess, the faster God can bring us into our own.

I found myself putting my hope and energy in people and when it didn't pan out the ways I wanted to I was constantly hurt. When you are looking to people for your worth, you find yourself on this roller coaster. Some days are good and others are bad. Some days you are on your way up the mountain and the next you are in the pit of despair. You are doing all kinds of twist and turns and it doesn't profit anything.

Is. 55:1-3 says:
"Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.

We've all found ourself laboring for the wrong thing, but it's time to wake up and go back to our Father, he has abundance for us. Don't let the sap suckers suck the life out of you. Come to his fountain. He's got abundant life to give you.

No comments: