Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I feel like I passed the bar!

Thanksgiving is almost here and I've got a lot to be thankful for. More than anything, I'm thankful that I'm free. You ever go around a mountain over and over and over again. And you prayed and cried and prayed and cried asking God to move on your behalf and it looked like nothing happened. Then it clicks, if God isn't changing the situation, then He must be changing you.

December 30, 2005, I asked God for a word for the coming year. It wasn't the smooth word that I was hoping for, but it was a true word. "Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, O daughter of Zion" (Micah 4:10a). Of this I'm sure, the word of God proves true every time. When I got the word, I received it and told God that I would be in pain and labor as long as my work was not in vain.

This year has been a year of warfare and loss family, friends, relationships...whatever can be shaken will shake and whatever can be broken will break. Truth is most of the time, I was the one left broken. It's not much of a sob story though because there is one thing we know for sure is that in the midst of the brokeness...God draws near. It's like a magnet for His presence. And in the midst of it all, Daddy was right there.

Today, while at was at work just thinking about some things, I realized that I passed. I'm not the same woman I was a year ago or even six months ago. I've been in pain, and I've labored, and I've brought forth a change, a freedom I didn't have before. My warfare has ended, and I passed. I'm not going around this mountain anymore, cuz I passed. You know God can't promote us until we become overqualified in our current position. We have to pass the test. Well I'm excited because I passed.

When God is taking us into our promise land, we first have to war to drive out the enemy. We must drive out the Caananites, Jebusites, Hittites, Amorites, and Hivites. Along with the haterites, liarites, insecurites, lustites, bitterites, angerites, and all the rest of those ites. Regardless of what enemy you have to fight, I praise God that He teaches my hands to war. I praise God that my best days are ahead of me. I'm walking in purpose and entering into promise.

So I'm at work, and it clicks that I'm free. I was trying to do my work next thing I know I'm crying and just praying in the Spirit. I started clapping my hands. I had to get up and walk around...I almost did a victory lap. So I'm just telling the Lord, "I'm free." So I ask the Lord to confirm it in His word. I took my Bible up and opened it and his is what I read..."Evil-Merodach King of Babylon, in the year that he began to reign, released Jehoiachin king of Judah from prison, He spoke kindly to him and gave him a more prominent seat than those of the kings who were with him in Babylon." (2 Kings 25:27-28)...Now doesn't that sound like freedom and promotion to you. Hallelujah!!!

No comments: