Saturday, May 5, 2007

Love is...

Love is me calling to wish you happy birthday

even though you missed most of mine.

Love is sneaking grandmama cakes and cookies

while she's waiting for dinner to get done.

You think it's the butterfies in your tummy

when you're digging the new guy

But it's really the tears running down your face

And ache in your heart

when you finally decide to let go

Love are the kisses on my cheeks

from that baby girl who looks like me

Love is the bottle of water at my doorstep

Cuz I'm too spoiled to drink from the tap

Love is me clipping your toenails

When heaven knows I hate to touch feet.

Love is vegan macaroni and cheese

Waiting for me when I decide to drive home.

Love is my brother calling in the middle of the week

He doesn't want a thing but to check on me

Love is dinner with old friends

And reminicing on old times we used to share

Love is dropping it like it's hot for old times sake

And that crazy video ending up on myspace

Love is that silly song I sing you everyday at work

Just because I love to see you smile

Love is that collection of little moments

that ususally make you laugh or cry; smile or sigh

It's the stuff that makes life worth living

And the numbness worth feeling.

No comments: