Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm Learning

I'm learning

I'm not as good as I thought

And people aren't as bad as I imagined

We usually judge ourselves on our intentions

But other's on their actions

But when I look at your sins

And the truth of my heart

The only difference is opportunity

The same grace I preach about

Has to reach into depths of my own soul

I don't know if I've just been holding out

Not wanting it to reach certain places

Or, if I'm just realizing the need

But I'm learning there is still some blackness

That I need grace to wash away

If I can be delivered from the past haunting me

There's no reason the demons in your life can't be defeated

If I can be forgiven

There's no reason I can't extend it

I'm not as good as I thought

And you're not as bad as I imagined

Our only difference has been opportunity

No comments: